In this tutorial, I’ll reveal to you how to make a chain– and four concepts for utilizing it. This chain style is both strong and stylish. And I like creating it in 2 various metal colors.
When I get into the rhythm of making a chain, I find it a meditative, calming activity.
Large dive rings– 10mm size.
( I’m using jump rings in antiqued silver color.).
Small jump rings– 5mm.
( I’m using jump rings in antiqued brass color.).
Flat nose pliers.
Chain nose pliers.
We’ll start by making the chain, and then we’ll explore four various inspirations for utilizing it.
1. Start your chain by setting out one of your large (10mm) dive rings, and 3 of your small (5mm) dive rings.
2. Use your flat nose and chain nose pliers to twist open your large dive ring.
3. Keeping all 3 small jump rings shut, string each of the 3 small dive rings onto your opened large dive ring.
4. Then use your flat nose and chain nose pliers to twist the large dive ring shut again.
5. Now set out another large dive ring, and twist it open.
6. String the freshly opened big jump ring through the 3 little dive rings that are connected to the very first big dive ring.
7. Set out 3 more small dive rings.
8. String the 3 new small jump rings onto the opened dive ring.
9. Twist the large jump ring shut.
10. Set out another large dive ring, and twist it open.
11. String the opened large jump ring through the last 3 small jump rings.
12. Twist the big jump ring shut.
13. Set out another big dive ring, and twist it open.
14. String the opened big jump ring through the last 3 small dive rings.
15. Set out 3 new small dive rings.
16. String the 3 new small dive rings onto the opened dive ring.
17. Twist the big dive ring shut.
18. Set out a brand-new big dive ring, and twist it open. String the opened big jump ring through the last 3 little dive rings.
19. Set out 3 new little jump rings.
20. String the 3 new small jump rings onto the opened jump ring Twist the large jump ring shut.
You can make your chain as long as you wish, continuing on with this exact same sequence of adding big and small jump rings.